Thursday, June 2, 2011

One Strong Belief - Ralph Waldo Emerson Challenge

Today's Prompt:
It is easy in the world to live after the world’s opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude. - Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-Reliance

The world is powered by passionate people, powerful ideas, and fearless action. What’s one strong belief you possess that isn’t shared by your closest friends or family? What inspires this belief, and what have you done to actively live it?

My Response:
I think I have great ambition and drive, and the belief that I can do everything if I put my mind to it. I know my family does not share this belief, only because they recognize there are trade-offs in life. I must now balance my work with my family. (And I am not great at that balancing act - yet). I still possess the "can do (everything)" belief, and I use it to push myself. Now, though, I also take time to make sure my family is on the journey with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment