Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Five Years - Ralph Waldo Emerson

FIVE YEARS
There will be an agreement in whatever variety of actions, so they be each honest and natural in their hour. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

What would you say to the person you were five years ago? What will you say to the person you’ll be in five years?

My response:
To the man I was five years ago, I'd say, "Prepare for a great journey in a new town and a new district. Remember that you are moving closer to family to spend more time with them. As your personal family grows, remember to maintain the bonds with your external family. They will provide you with guidance and support during difficult times and joy always. They are never more important than the work you do."

To the man I will be in five years, I'd say, "I hope you have grown as a husband, a father, and an educator. Those are the most important roles in your life. Remember that as you work so hard to develop your skills and grow in importance, it will be your four children that can best be your legacy, will best be your legacy. Make sure you are taking the time to nurture them and to laugh with them."

No comments:

Post a Comment